We make seed stage investments in bootstrappers, indie hackers, makers and real businesses. Read the FAQ.
We offer an innovative investment structure aligned with founders and businesses that want to accelerate now and ultimately become a profitable sustainable business. We never want you to need to raise another round of funding and you’ll never be forced to exit. Working with Earnest is about more than just capital. We provide a network of experienced founders who back our founders every step of the way.
Tyler Tringas, General Partner and Founder
Ben Tossell, Head of Platform
Kevin McArdle, Strategic Partner
We are thrilled to have an incredible roster of experienced founders who are both mentors for our portfolio companies. All mentors have “skin in the game” and are invested in the success of the companies we work with. Learn more about our approach to mentorship.
- Kevin McArdle, Co-Founder and CEO of SureSwift Capital
- Rich Thornett, Co-founder Dribbble
- Jason Fried, Founder & CEO Basecamp
- David Heinemeier Hansson, Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO Basecamp
- David Hamrick, Partner at Hamrick Software and Vuescan
- Natalie Nagele, Co-founder Wildbit
- Sahil Lavingia, Founder of Gumroad
- David Hauser, Founder Grasshopper and Chargify
- Michele Hansen, Founder of Geocodio
- Moritz Dausinger, Founder Mailparser and Docparser
- Troy Davis, founder Papertrail, Cloudvox and Tacoapp
- Rohit Nadhani, Founder of Cloudmagic
- Ohad Eder-Pressman, Founder Appsharp and Stackbit
- Gregg Pollack, Founder Vue Mastery, Code School, and Starter Studio
- Andrew Conner, Engineering Lead, Google Voice
- Abe Crystal, Founder Ruzuku
- Matt Stubbs, Founder of Back in Stock
- Jimmy Hayes, Co-founder Minaal
- John Reineck, Founder Flexbooks
- Michael Grosser, nzt.capital, Okkur Labs, Rekkur Solutions
- Bjork Ostrom, Co-founder of Pinch of Yum and Food Blogger Pro
- Matthew Romaine, Founder of Gengo
- Nejc Zupan and Dejan Murko, Co-founders of Niteo
- Mack McConnell, Founder of Taster’s Club
If you are interested in mentoring please contact us.