Over the last 10 months, Founder Summit transformed from a covid-delayed conference in Mexico City to a digital community of 300+ low-ego founders of calm companies. It’s been a whirlwind—producing 30+ events, launching Mastermind Sprints (with 100+ participants), and getting a few (as of yet) un-released projects underway.
In all that, I let things slide, particularly around the content, resources, and rituals that would make our community thrive. I’m looking for a person to help me get Founder Summit to the next level in 2021! – Najva
Founder Summit is hiring a part-time Community Manager to help with the day to day operations of running our community, managing our events programming, and creating content from our collective insights. The Community Manager reports into Earnest Capital’s Head of Product + Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with our slack community daily as a host and super-connector
- Produce events including expert chats, demo days, etc
- Distill and publish community insights into our weekly community newsletter and growing resource library
- Run our community content calendar AKA become our community gardener.
- Streamline our processes to make sure nothing falls between the cracks
- Create opportunities to amplify our member stories
- Helping manage future mastermind sprints
- Own our member support channels
- Collaborate on improving member application, onboarding, and features roadmap
- Pitch data-driven experiments to test new ways to better surprise and delight founders
Who you are:
- Extremely organized and a great systems-builder
- Excited about all of it—founders, being part of scaling a startup, investing, growing a community
- You love playing and building in no-code—Airtable experience is a major plus
- Strong writer, and more importantly, a sharp editor
- Comfortable taking initiative and executing
- You lead with curiosity and empathy
- High output and low ego—that’s just the general vibe across the whole team
Compensation + Timing:
This as a fairly junior remote part-time role to start with a $40-50K salary, depending on experience and time commitment.
The role is 3-4 days a week, with flexibility to sort out the exact schedule, but you do have to have some overlap with PST working hours.
- Async–you can own your own schedule, meetings + events aside
- Remote—work from anywhere
- Ownership—while a junior role means collaboration and training, the eventual goal is to have ownership over your projects
- Flexible time off
- Opportunity to grow a company from the earliest stages
How to apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with “Community Manager” in the subject line and include:
- Brief note about why you’re excited about the role
- Links to any relevant work or writing
- A sample twitter thread summarizing takeaways from a video/podcast/book/article you’ve recently enjoyed. (It can be published + linked, or drafted in google doc/pdf form!)
Deadline: there’s no official deadline but I would strongly recommend getting something in our inbox by Dec 20th.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Also take note 👇